AOL Desktop Gold is an upgraded version of AOL Desktop software that is known for its user-friendly experience. It is an all-in-one use desktop that provides you enhanced security, faster processing speed, and a seamless mailing experience. AOL Desktop Gold is a secured platform that is optimized for broadband connections (AOL Dialer and the AOL Shield browser).
It allows you to browse the internet with utmost safety, play games, and chat with your friends and family. It offers extensive features like:
- Premium security – It will protect your AOL account from hackers and other online threats.
- Automatic updates – AOL Desktop Gold is designed to save your time, space, and efforts. The software enables you to automatically replace the old version with the new one when the latter becomes available.
Why do you need AOL Desktop Gold?
Some of the major reasons behind using AOL Desktop Gold are:
Read Also >> How to block unwanted emails on AOL Mail?
- Simplified install process
- Easy transition from the old version to the new one.
- Safe browsing.
- Better speed and performance.
- Premium security features.
- Anti-phishing benefits.
- Automatic updates in the background.
- It is super easy to retrieve your old information from the previous version of AOL Desktop Gold installed in your PC. All you need to do is use ‘Import Wizard’ to get the data.
- Personalize your emails using customized fonts, emoticons, adding hyperlinks, text color, etc.
What are the common AOL Gold Problems?
There are multiple problems that you might face while using AOL Desktop Gold. These issues can occur due to several reasons like incompatibility between the software and operating system, poor internet connection, excessive temporary files, or a virus threat. But don’t worry you can get rid of these problems using simple techniques, troubleshooting guidelines and some comprehensive solutions.
Here are some of the common AOL Gold problems:
- Installation error
- Software update error
- Unable to download the software
- Edit contact issue
- AOL Desktop Gold Icon is missing
- AOL Desktop Gold not responding issue
- Not able to send or receive AOL mails
How to fix AOL Desktop Gold not responding issue?
Read Also >> How to actively maintain the AOL email security settings?
Sometimes when you open the software, you might get an error message stating AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working. There could be plenty of reasons for AOL Desktop Gold not responding. Here are some methods that can help you in resolving this problem instantly:
- Quit the program from Task Manager and restart your system.
- Check the compatibility of your device with AOL Desktop Gold app.
- Remove the virus from your PC.
- Uninstall the program and reinstall it.
- Quit the program from Task Manager
For Windows 10 users –
- Launch AOL Desktop Gold program.
- Press CTRL + ALT + Delete.
- Select the ‘Process’ tab.
- Click the AOL Desktop application, and tap ‘End Program.’
Once your AOL Desktop app disappears from the process tab, you have to reopen the program.
For Mac Users –
- Open the AOL Desktop application.
- Right-click the AOL desktop icon that appears in the Task Manager.
- Select ‘Force Quit.’
- Check if your device is compatible with AOL Desktop Gold app or not
Make sure that incompatible programs active in your system are uninstalled. AOL Mail Login may not respond because of inadequate system configuration. System requirements for AOL Desktop Gold are as follows:
- AOL Desktop Gold supports Windows 7, 8 or 10 and Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7.
- 266 MHz or faster computer processor.
- 512 MB free space on the secondary drive (hard drive).
- Good internet connection required.
- 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution..
- 1 GB primary memory (RAM)
- Remove the virus from your PC
Always install an antivirus solution on your computer and scan your system to analyze, detect and eliminate any malicious activities from your device. Also delete all the temporary files, cache files and browser history to make more space.
- Uninstall the program and reinstall it
For Windows 10 users:
- Go to ‘Program and Files.’
- Select the AOL Desktop app.
- Press the ‘Uninstall’ button.
For Mac users:
- Select the AOL application.
- Push it to the ‘Trash Folder.’
- After uninstalling the program, reinstall the latest version of AOL Desktop Gold from the official site.
How much does AOL Desktop Gold cost?
AOL Desktop Gold is described as a ‘more secure’ version of AOL Desktop software and you can download it at no additional cost, only if you have AOL Advantage Plan membership. If you don’t have a membership, you can directly sign up for a 30-day free trial for AOL Desktop Gold subscription. It will include free software updates along with live technical support. Or if you wish to buy the subscription, then you must know that AOL Desktop Gold cost is $4.99 per month. AOL Desktop Gold users can easily access AOL email via the web or tablets and smartphones.