Nowadays, internet security is the most primitive thing that you need to consider while handling your email accounts online. You need to secure your private information available online and those who use the browser-based email such as Yahoo and AOL that have spam and junk mail need to have security settings enabled on the device.
It is strongly recommended to keep on updating the AOL email settings so that no outsider can have access to the valuable information that you have on your personal account. Remember, you can view the spam files and the filters and you can level up the security and make amendments.
In this article, we will discuss how to maintain the AOL email security settings throughout its usage. So, let’s start the topic and discuss it in detail about it.
What are the steps to maintain AOL security?
Read Also >> How to distinguish between AOL and GMAIL
- First of all, you need to open the web browser and visit the Email provider’s website.
- The next step is to log in to the AOL email account.
- After this, you need to find the “Settings” or “Options” buttons that are visible on the main screen.
- The next step is to look for the email services that might be located on the left side of the browser.
- Just tap on the “Spam” or “Junk” button in the AOL mail settings window.
- Remember, these options are visible in the “Settings” or “Options” menu.
- Now, you need to tap on the “Spam” or “Junk” settings for mail.
- Just view the filter settings that are available from the email provider.
- The filter settings are usually set as low, medium, and high.
- If it is showing a “Low” message it means the spam security is low.
- Just make sure you will get no spam, if you set the filter to high then there should be no concerns for the AOL mail security.
- Just view the content filters settings and choose the blocked mail that has attachments with pictures and files.
- You can also set the filter to send the context, words, and phrases to the spam folder.
- Now, check the lists of the sender and remember most of the email providers enable you to customize the list of unsafe senders.
- The unsafe senders pop up with any random address that you might have received before also.
- Just remember, you can add them to the list so that you won’t receive any messages from the spammers.
- By doing this, any of the emails sent from an anonymous soul will be blocked automatically or sent to the spam folder.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
The steps that are briefly discussed in this article will surely help you maintain the AOL email security settings are necessary. However, if you still have certain problems or issues related to the topic then it is suggested to visit the official AOL customer support website and get assistance for the same.