If you are a regular user of AOL, then you are probably aware of the unwanted messages that you receive very often in your inbox. On one hand, where AOL Mail enables the users to store their personal and business emails; on the other hand, the platform annoys the users with promotional emails.
In order to help the users get rid of the undesired emails, there are several ways to block emails on AOL Mail from specific individuals, services, and businesses.
In fact, you can block the entire domain or a list of domains as well. Since regulating your security and safety is your right, the blocking feature of AOL Mail enables your account to maintain your privacy. To block emails, you don’t even require downloading a plug-in, or a third-party application.
Here’s how you can eliminate unsolicited messages and prioritize your business emails.
Ways to block unwanted malicious emails
The promotional mails, and suspected spam messages ruin your day while you are trying to concentrate on your work. Fret not! There are many ways to block emails for your safety and here’s how you can do it:
Read Also >> How to actively maintain the AOL email security settings?
AOL Mail blocks most of the spam messages before they even enter your inbox. However, there could be some unwanted messages that may surpass the AOL protection and end up entering your inbox. Hence, the best way to deal with such messages is to mark them as spam. Flagging spam mails helps the system to recognize the future emails and direct the messages to your spam folder.
- Open AOL Mail.
- Select the message you want to mark as spam.
- Click ‘Spam,’ which appears on the top of the page.
Instead of creating a block list by marking mails as spam emails, you can make a whitelist that allows you to accept emails only from the people in your Contacts. By doing so, you are limiting the people who can send you an email. All you have to do is follow the steps as given below:
- Click ‘Options’ and open ‘Mail settings’
- Here, you can find ‘Block Senders.’ Click on this tab.
- Select the box that appears next to ‘Only accept mail from people in contacts.’
- Click ‘Save Settings’.
- Block emails containing images
You can also cut down on emails that consist of images sent by unknown senders. You can protect your account from any kind of virus threats by blocking images from unidentified senders.
- Click the ‘Options’ menu and open ‘Mail Settings.’
- Click the ‘General’ tab.
- In the ‘Reading’ section, select ‘Hide images in mail from unknown senders.’
To remove the junk emails, you can create a filter (folder) which will disable the unwanted subscriptions and/or contacts from sending you emails.
- Go to the ‘Mail Settings’ menu.
- Click the ‘Block Senders’ tab.
- Enter the email address or the username that you wish to block.
- You can add more usernames by clicking on the Plus icon (+)
Blocking mails in web browser and mobile app
Users can create block lists on AOL Mail in a web browser as well as mobile apps. To avail the best emailing experience, users must open the AOL Mail supported by web browsers namely Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and AOL Desktop Gold.
If you access AOL Mail in a web browser, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open AOL Mail in a web browser.
- Click the ‘Options’ menu on the toolbar.
- Select ‘Mail Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- In the ‘Mail settings,’ click ‘Block Senders’ on the left side of the screen.
- Here, enter the email addresses you wish to block.
- Once you’re done, click ‘Save Settings.’
Here’s the guide to help you block emails while using AOL Mail on a mobile app
- Open the AOL mobile app.
- Select an email from a sender that you want to block.
- A ‘three-dot menu’ will appear at the bottom-right corner of your phone screen. Single tap it.
- Click the option that says ‘Mark as Spam.’
- This will block all unwanted emails instantly and send them straight to your mailbox’s Spam Folder.
- You can follow the same steps to block all such emails.
So now that you know how to block emails on AOL Mail, you will be able to manage all your important emails that require your immediate attention and other low-priority emails which require your zero attention. All in all, your life is bound to become so much better when these little troubles like annoying emails are washed away from your AOL Mail Login.
Happy safe emailing to you!