If you are new to using the AOL mail login account and you do not know the ways to manage the privacy settings in the AOL mail, then this article will help you to manage the privacy settings in AOL mail. The safety and the security of all the users are very much essential to the AOL mail. In order to protect the account from the suspected or anonymous spam messages that are automatically filtered, but can harm your device you need to maintain the security and the privacy of such files. So, let us get started!
What are the steps to manage unwanted emails with AOL?
To manage the unwanted emails with AOL, you have to mark these unwanted emails as spam, just follow the steps that are given below:
Read Also >> How to create an AOL Mail account (in 2021)?
- First of all, you have to go to the AOL mail login account.
- After this, you have to select the spam messages from your inbox.
- Just tap on the “Remove the sender and mark as spam” and the message will be moved to the spam folder.
- Also, the sender will be removed from the contact list.
- It is very much safe; the future messages from this sender will be then delivered to the inbox.
Guide to access the emails using filters at Aol Mail Login
Marking an actual affected email as spam is always the best and the effective way to ensure that you do not get any future emails from them. However, if you need to create a filter to block the specific subscriptions or individual contacts, you can also add them to the block list, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Click on the “Options | Mail Settings” options under the Username.
- Tap on the “Block Senders” tab.
- Enter the username of the email address that you wish to block.
- Tap on the “+” icon.
- After this, click on the “Save” settings.
- In order to remove the address from the spam filter, go to the address and tap on the “X” to close.
You can block the images in the emails
Disable the images from the unknown senders that can protect you from accidentally downloading the virus or the malware with reading the emails, you just need to follow the steps that are given below:
- Under the username, you need to tap on the “Options | Mail Settings” option.
- Tap on the “General” tab and go to the “Reading” section.
- Hide the images in the mail from unknown senders.
- Just tap on the “Save settings” option.
Blocking all the unknown senders
The last process you can opt for is to block all the unknown contacts to block all the unknown senders, for this, you have to follow the steps that are given below:
- Tap on the “Options | Mail Settings” under the username.
- Just click on the “Block senders” tab.
- You have to select the box that is next to the “Only accept mail from people in your contacts.
- Tap on the “Save settings” option.
Read Also >> How to un-send or recall an email in AOL?
In a conclusive viewpoint:
As you can see there can be different ways to manage privacy settings in AOL mail. You can follow the instructions as directed to build a defensive fortress for securing your data and device from anonymous senders. Conversely, if you wish to gather more information related to the topic then it is recommended to visit the official AOL website and get assistance for the same.