As we know that when the world started the electronic mail system AOL Mail was the world’s largest email provider in 1997 or we can say that in the 90s AOL was a revolution in the electronic mail world.
We live in a world where everything is almost online and mails are a major part of your private life and you just want to share it with the individual. And then you have to protect your account very cautiously.
And here we’ll tell you about protecting AOL account
First of all, you have to secure your PC-
Here are some steps that secure your PC.
Read Also >> How to block unwanted emails in AOL Mail?
- The first thing you must do is use the anti-virus software to scan your device for viruses and malware.
- Update your device’s operating system to repair necessary hardware, programs, drivers, and devices.
- Or enable automatic update on your PC this will save your time and this will do this work for you
- Always update your AOL desktop software, antivirus app, adobe products, and JAVA
- Always enable your firewall that will protect your network by filtering traffic and blocking outsiders from gaining unauthorized access to the private data on your computer.
- Microsoft doesn’t support AOL products and services whereas Internet Explorer works with it.
- While downloading third-party applications or plug-ins you have to be very careful. If you are not careful then your AOL account might get accessed comprising your device’s security without your knowledge.
- If you find anything suspicious or feel that your account might have got hacked, you must quickly change your password as it’s too important to have access to your account before someone else takes control of it.
- You must make it a point to keep updating your password every now and then for your account’s safety. Make sure that the password does not become so simple that anybody guesses it by observing you.
How to Secure your AOL Account-
- If you are using a public or anyone else computer, make sure that you always sign out of AOL Web Mail, My Account, and websites in the AOL family so that your account is safe and secured.
- When you sign in into any AOL service, validating the URL begins with “https.” You can safely fill your credentials as S means a secured website. Your AOL Web Mail contains a URL that begins with “https.”
- You can monitor your activity in the My Account option in your AOL account. This will give you a track record of your activity on your AOL account, and if you find something suspicious or strange on your AOL account.
- Sign in.
- Click on Manage My Account Details.
- Choose View My Account Activity
Also, follow these tips for your AOL account-
- Create secure passwords and Account Security Questions according to yourself.
- Never share your password with anyone or over email or any type of service calls. Suddenly Sign out your account after use, if you are using a public computer or shared computer.
- Web browser clear cache should be done.